Sunday, September 9, 2007

the way we were

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Katie: I don't have the right style for you, do I? Be my friend…
Hubbell: No… You don't have the right style.
Katie: I'll Change.
Hubbell: Don’t! Don't change. You're your own girl, you have your own style.
Katie: But then I won't have you. Why can't I have you? Why?
Hubbell: Because you push too hard! Every damn minute. There's no time to ever just relax and enjoy living. Everything's too serious to be so serious.
Katie: If I push too hard it's because I want things to be better, I want us to be better, I want you to be better. Sure I make waves, I mean you have to. And I'll keep making them ‘till you’re everything you should be and will be. You'll never find anyone as good for you as I am, to believe in you as much as I do or love you as much!
Hubbell: I know that.
Katie: Well then why?
Hubbell: Do you think if I come back it’s going to be ok by magic? What's going to changed? What's going to be different? We'll both be wrong, we'll both loose.
Katie: Couldn't we both win?
Hubbel: Katie, you expect so much…
Katie: Oh, but look what I’ve got.





The Way We Were (Sydney Pollack, 1973)

No comments:

Post a Comment