Sunday, September 14, 2008

JERRY: So what are you gonna do?
GEORGE: I like sports. I could do something in sports.
JERRY: Uh-huh. Uh-huh. In what capacity?
GEORGE: You know, like the general manager of a baseball team or something.
JERRY: Yeah. Well, that - that could be tough to get.
GEORGE: Well, it doesn’t even have to be the general manager. Maybe I could be like, an announcer. Like a caller man. You know how I always make those interesting comments during the game.
JERRY: Yeah. Yeah. You make good comments.
GEORGE: What about that?
JERRY: Well, they tend to give those jobs to ex-ballplayers and people that are, you know, in broadcasting.
GEORGE: Well, that’s really not fair.
JERRY: I know. Well, okay. Okay. What else do ya like?
GEORGE: Movies. I like to watch movies.
JERRY: Yeah. Yeah.
GEORGE: Do they pay people to watch movies?
JERRY: Projectionists.
GEORGE: That’s true.
JERRY: But you gotta know how to work the projector.
GEORGE: Right.
JERRY: And it’s probably a union thing.
GEORGE: [scoffs] Those unions. [sighs] Okay. Sports,...movies. What about a talk show host?
JERRY: Talk show host. That’s good.
GEORGE: I think I’d be good at that. I talk to people all the time. Someone even told me once they thought I’d be a good talk show host.
JERRY: Really?
GEORGE: Yeah. A couple of people. I don’t get that, though. Where do you start?
JERRY: Well, that’s where it gets tricky.
GEORGE: You can’t just walk into a building and say “ I wanna be a talk show host.”
JERRY: I wouldn’t think so.
GEORGE: It’s all politics.

Seinfled, Season 2 Episode 12, Written by Larry David

No comments:

Post a Comment